Camera randomly stops

Our camera has worked fine for a few months, all the sudden we have connectivity issues every night. Extremely frustrating and anxiety inducing to have your camera randomly go out and not able to hear your child. For the price of this device I’m extremely disappointed.

Comments

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Michelle_123 I understand how frustrating this is and this is not expected behavior for your Nanit. I've escalated this over to our support team so we are able to take a closer look at your specific set up and identify why you are experiencing these types of issues. We will be in touch soon!

• Abbey
    Abbey Member

We have had very similar issues. We have been using the traveling stand and have had no issues. We moved our baby up to his room last night and now that the camera is in the stationary stand we continue to get a troubleshooting message. We have tried everything to get it to work. The really frustrating part is that we will get notifications and be able to see the video for a few minutes and then the troubleshooting message pops up again.

• Same here. It is extremely frustrating especially when my baby is already sleeping. I can’t even go in to “troubleshoot.” For the price that we paid, this is ridiculous. My $30 security camera works better then this.

• Hello I have been having issues with my Nanit for several weeks now. It works for a day and then I start having connectivity issues. It has stopped working for two weeks now. I’ve tried unplugging and restarting my wifi but still not working. It’s very frustrating and disappointing considering the money spent on this.

• Bri
    Bri Member

This is happening to a lot of people and Nanit doesn’t seem to care. They say it’s a network issue but it’s ironic reading all the same messages on support

• I’ve reached out a few times as our camera will randomly stop working. It will work for a day then ‘tries to reconnect’. It has taken days or weeks just to be able get to the screen to re-enter our wifi password. We keep setting it back up and it hasn’t lasted more than 12 hours at a time.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Bri I've escalated this over to our support team - while symptoms can be similar across Nanit parents for these types of connectivity issues, the solution can be unique (based on your specific setup, wifi connection, etc). That is why, especially if you have gone through our troubleshooting steps, we like to have a member of our support team take a closer look at what is causing the frequent disconnects for you. We will be in touch with you soon! Keep me posted if there is anything else I can do to help.

• We’ve had our Nanit for three weeks and tonight it stopped working. Completely dead will not turn on, re-pair, etc. tried everything. Completely frustrating for a 3 week old child to monitor and track sleep.