Connection issues?

Anyone else's camera just cutting out randomly? I had this issue a few months back, i called for help and did all the steps they told me. Its happen a handful of times since, but this time at 4am the camera just couldn't connect. I laid awake worrying, cause i didn't want to go in an wake my daughter up since there is no way to reset remotely.

Once she was up- i went through those steps a bunch of times before it started working again. Busy parents do not have time for this with a baby!

The continued connection issues with the nanit keep me from reccomending it to other mom friends when they ask. Its so expensive and is proving to be a pain!

Answers

• Yes I have this issue a lot! My baby was sick and the connection just stopped. I went to my sons door and could hear him crying. Ugh this shouldn’t be the case, this is why I have a monitor but lately it’s been almost useless. Please fix the connection issues

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@emratelle I went ahead and escalated this over to our support team so they can investigate why this is happening to you consistently. They'll be in touch soon!

@ChelseaN Would you like me to escalate your case as well? Let me know and our team can troubleshoot with you directly.

• Having connection issues a lot more lately, it’s so frustrating because my baby sleeps in her room. Please fix this!!! Thank you

• Susie
    Susie Member

I had the same, also, sometimes tells me that my child has been sleeping for X minutes… when he’s not even in the crib!

• We have had a lot of issues the last month. Our daughter is now 13 months old but the connectivity issues started when the 1st year was over and they wanted us to sign up with more money.

• Still issues dispite doing everything support says. I don't have time to fiddle with this thing as much as i have been. I am loosing sleep and the little downtime i have. I just wish i had not spend the money on this thing. I am so disappointed

• We have had constant connection issues as well and as someone else mentioned it seemed to get worse since our subscription ended. I refuse to pay $100 for the insights subscription especially when the camera was advertised with those features, yet didn’t bother to mention that Hugh fee! If I had know I never would have purchased this product. I could have just purchased a simple security camera from Amazon for $30. That’s basically all this thing is now. 🤦‍♀️

• Hey All,

Set up my Nanit Pro and it seems to be working well. Pairing was quick and the connection is strong. Although my home is a smart home and quite tech savy, I can suggest a few ideas.

1) make sure 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz are separate WiFi names on your network (SSID)

2) your cell needs to be connected to 2.4ghz for nanit to connect to 2.4ghz. I'm suggesting 2.4ghz because it has more range.

3) Consider a wifi6 mesh system like Asus Zenwifi, Tp-Link WiFi 6. I did that and all my 50 smart devices are connected smoothly.

Time will tell how my device behaves.

So far connection is great. Being on a 2.4ghz ssid WiFi name is absolutely a must.

You can find cheap mesh systems as well that aren't wifi6 either.

If you need some support let me know.

• AShah
    AShah Member

Hi parents - we similarly are having the same issues as others here and are equally frustrated. Nanit providing very generic response and not taking responsibility.

I would recommend you file a complaint here: https://www.usa.gov/consumer-complaints

and consider notifying any product review sites that you used. Once this escalates, they’ll have a more compelling reason to fix it rather than suppressing issues and denying they are happening.

Really unfortunate that this company isn’t standing behind their products. Clearly a systemwide issue.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@AShah I've escalated your case over to a senior member of our support team - this way we can work with you 1:1 on your specific issues and find a resolution as quickly as possible.