App not connecting to camera/camera not connecting to WiFi

I created a support ticket and posted in another thread yesterday and have not received a response. No troubleshooting steps from your KB or in other threads has worked. My WiFi is not the issue, the camera is on, but the app does not recognize the camera as being connected to my network. This is the fourth night I’ve been without the Nanit, and it’s been approximately 24 hours since I created my support ticket and posted to the community.

I love your product when it works, and am now realizing how reliant we are on a working monitor. Can someone help me resolve this… please!? 👏

Comments

• Christopher
    Christopher Member, Community Moderator, Nanit Support

Hello @Marty1982,

I'm sorry you haven't gotten a response from our team. I've created a new ticket to help troubleshoot the problem you're experiencing. I'll be following up with you shortly through the support ticket.

-Christopher

• I am having the same issues. Please can someone help sort this. I think it’s to do with the app update. Thank you

• ZBearMama
    ZBearMama Member
    edited September 11

We are having the same issue.. my husband has created two support tickets.. the first three days ago and he has not heard anything! Our daughter has been sleeping in our room while the Nanit is not working and none of us are sleeping very well.. please help!

• I received a response from the the support team and they were able to resolve the issue on the their first attempt. It turns out the Nanit was connected to our guest network which has a very poor range, and in turn wasn't giving the Nanit the juice (connection/download speed) it needed to connect to our device. The article that helped us resolve this issue is linked below. Beware, if you have the Nanit plus if you don't see the flashing light on the back of the camera, it hasn't reset yet. I hope this helps other parents. And team Nanit, please thank Christopher for me.

• I received a response from the the support team and they were able to resolve the issue on the their first attempt. It turns out the Nanit was connected to our guest network which has a very poor range, and in turn wasn't giving the Nanit the juice (connection/download speed) it needed to connect to our device. The article that helped us resolve this issue is linked below. Beware, if you have the Nanit plus if you don't see the flashing light on the back of the camera, it hasn't reset yet. Thank you @Christopher, I'm looking forward to a nights sleep without waking in a panic and running into the nursery to find my daughter sleeping soundly. 

(@ZBearMama I hope this helps!)

• Jaz
    Jaz Member

Yes I am having the same issue. Have created a ticket, spoke to the customer care as well. Two days NO CAMERA. It’s been very difficult.

Had the Nanit plus for just about two years. Was working find up until two days ago - did all the troubleshooting there is, but the camera just won’t turn on. A very expensive camera to bail suddenly after not even two years of use. I am unable to fix the issue and a need a camera for my toddler room. Please help..need this fixed ASAP.

• Exact same issue here, can someone from support reach out to me to address? Curious whether this is an issue on the Nanit side given the similar complaints of the issue starting two days ago.

• Same issue! Keep re-pairing and works. Then disconnects again. Help!

• I am having the same exact issue! I’ve tried resetting it multiple times but the light never blinks. My husband submitted a ticket 9/12 and we haven’t heard back yet.