Camera won’t stay on

the camera has been working fine for almost a year now, but today it just won’t stay on. I tried unplugging and plugging again, when plugging again, red lights would go on for a couple of seconds but then turn off definitely. The app is not showing any option to turn the camera on again. I tried resetting the camera (Nanit plus) but it’s not working since to do so you need the camera to be on… Don’t know what else to do, please provide a solution.

Answers

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Felipe I've gone ahead and escalated this over to our support team so they can take a closer look at this issue and reach a resolution for you. They will be in touch soon!

• We are having the same exact issue. We’ve unplugged and reset the router. Nothing it’s working. We aren’t even getting flashing lights on the Nanit, but that power source works fine as other things in the same outlet are working. Please provide an answer.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@JessicaAnn I’ve escalated your issue over to our support team! That way they are able to take a closer look at your specific set up and camera and resolve this as quickly as possible.

• I have a brand new camera that was gifted to us for my wifes babyshower. We like the one we have for our toddler so it was an easy choice to get a second one. The new cam has only worked for 1 week. Now it wont stay on. The camera itself gets Hot. Nannit tech support told me to replace the usb cube. I did and the issue still exists. I have removed the camera head from the base and unplugged it for fear that it is faulty and may start a fire. How do i go about getting a replacement? As i said, this was a gift so we dont have the reciept.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@RGordonjr1006 I went ahead and submitted this over to our team and they will reach out to you directly for next steps. You will be hearing from them soon. Thank you!

• Thank you

• I am having the same issue! Nothing is wrong with the outlet because everything else works perfectly in it, the only way I can get it to stay on is unplugging it and plugging it back in over and over until it stays on

• I am having the same issue. Cannot move the camera around as needed cause it will take thirty minutes of trying to plug and unplug to get it to work

• We are also having the same issue. Camera will come on and disconnect. Reset the router and power cycled the nanit. Deleted and reinstalled the app. Unplugged etc. Still the same issue. Very frustrating to say the least. Can someone please assist.