Nanit suddenly won’t turn on.

My nanit has been working great for 6 months and suddenly it won’t turn AT ALL. It has never moved from its spot. It’s plugged in. We tried to unplug it and plug it back in and tried a different outlet and still nothing. What is going on???

Comments

• Andrew
    Andrew Member

Mine is doing the same. What is the solution?

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Anhussein and @Andrew can you attempt resetting your camera? I've linked to a knowledge base article here that has instructions for both Pro and Plus depending on which camera you have. Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

• Same question- mine wont reset

• Ours did the same thing - working problem free since November and then just won’t pair, won’t do anything. Even after the factory reset…

• This is happening to me as well. Starting early in the morning on 8/10 my camera will no longer connect to my router. I’m not having any issues with any other appliances in my house. It’s really frustrating that I can’t rely on such an expensive monitor.

• @Melanie can you guys please provide answers to what is going on? There seems to have been a mass crash of your product if you read comments here and on Reddit, families are being left without monitors for their babies. What is going on?? For the price people paid for this product you would expect reliability to be greater than 1 year.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@Bdickie87 Thanks for posting here! I've escalated this over to our support team so they can take a closer look to see what could be causing this. We will be in touch soon!

• Mine is doing the same exact thing. I have tried everything recommended. Problem started around the same time as all these other parents that are reporting the same issue, which just so happens to be when the latest firmware was released. For the amount of money that we all paid for this camera, it is unacceptable. It is beyond upsetting! Nanit has done nothing to try and correct this. WTF! I’m going to just let all our friends and family know this camera is just sadly, unreliable. At this point I will also be letting a very well followed social media influencer friend to let parents know that unfortunately Nanit can’t be trusted, and parents should look for other more reliable cameras.

• Same here. I went to use my nanit for the very first time tonight, finally moving my son to his own room. It worked for 2 hours then all the sudden nothing and I cannot do anything to make it work! I flowed all the steps and literally nothing happens. My wifi is working fine on all other devices vices. My baby was sleeping fine on his own but I had to move him as I have no other monitor! I am so beyond frustrated . Please help us!

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

Hi @PeteCabrera Thank you for posting here and I understand how frustrating this is for you - I apologize you haven't gotten a resolution from our team. I want to make sure we correct this as quickly as possible, so I have escalated your case to our support team. They will be reaching out to you to take a closer look at what you are experiencing with your camera so we can get to a resolution. In the meantime, feel free to message me directly and I am happy to help.

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team

@mhurt87 I'm sorry you are experiencing connectivity issues with your Nanit - I know moving your baby into the nursery is such a big milestone! I've escalated this over to our support team so that way they can troubleshoot with you directly and resolve this.

• Thank you. I've tried the hard reset multiple times and it just won't turn on. I'm so upset :( hopefully this can be resolved!

• MrMac
    MrMac Member

Suddenly stopped working in the middle of the night for me aswell. Am getting no answers

• Has there been a solution to this bug? I just moved my newborn to the nursery and my very expensive Nanit camera just won’t turn on after following the troubleshoot steps. Does this happen often and what is the quickest solution?

• Same issue. Nanit suddenly won’t connect and can’t seem to reset it or re-pair it. What’s going on here?

• Same question we are having the same problem. Nanit lost connectivity out of nowhere and we cannot reset it (press the WiFi button and nothing happens - no blinking light…it’s like the camera is just off because even the infrared lights are not lit). Have tried unplugging, disconnecting and reconnecting the actual camera, running a network scan etc but nothing has made it start working. Such a disappointment because this is a great product but the connectivity and constant issues really make it not worth it.

• Chloelillianm
    Chloelillianm Member
    edited August 14

I am having the same issues!! Camera has been great for 8 months and it seems like this recent app update has messed up its ability to pair! What’s going on?? I’ve paid way too much money to have a monitor glitch on me after such a short amount of time. @Melanie honestly there needs to be some kind of after hours support. As a new parent, it’s stressful not having eyes on your infant. I shouldn’t have to wait days to hear from customer support to fix the issue.

• Daddit
    Daddit Member

Same thing happened to us. It was working and then it just stopped. The WiFi button does not flash when it is pressed.

• StephF
    StephF Member

Hi mine just did this tonight! I’ve restarted my router unplugged everything … nothing is working for the Nanit , I’ve noticed I can’t even pair it anymore no blinking lights no infrared light nothing ! This is too expensive to be doing this ! What is going on?!

• Momit
    Momit Member

I loved our Nanit. Now we are having the same issues…in the middle of sleep training. Is this not a consistent issue? What is the long term solution?

• We’ve had our Nanit for almost a year and a half and no issues. Last night it just stopped working. It is still getting power and no matter what I do: reset router, Nanit, phone, etc… the camera will not work. I’ve tried the travel stand and multiple outlets it’s getting power but nothing else happens.

• zachayden5
    zachayden5 Member
    edited August 14

Same issue suddenly last night.. I reset my modem, router, the nanit, uninstalled a d reinstalled the app, but nothing allows the night light to flash to pair it to my WiFi.

UPDATE: I just used an earring to reset it. I did not see the 2 flashes or hear the click like I was supposed to, but when I clicked the pair button again, it started flashing.

• Mine just started to do the same thing. I have this for a little over 2 weeks. Very frustrating for this to be happening. It is such an expensive item… Very disappointed with Nanit so far… I emailed them and hopefully they will get back to me, however I tried everything that everyone on this forum did already…

• Hi! Same thing has happened to our camera. Tried everything, factory reset, different outlets, router reset. Nothing. We hit the wifi button and nothing happens. Please advise ASAP!!!

• boymama1286
    boymama1286 Unconfirmed, Member

I’m having the same issue ?! Did we get a solution yet ! Mine just keeps saying trying to reconnect !

• Mine too. Any solution???

• Mine did the same thing, I lost connection like 4 days ago. Seems like a service issue since everyone is having the issue at the exact same time.

• We are having the same issues. It’s SO frustrating just moved our 2yr old out of the crib and into a big bed and we can’t even use the Nanit to see how he’s doing. We’ve tried everything, resetting it, checking the wifi, unplugging it…NOTHING is working. What is going on Nanit??

• Jeff
    Jeff Member

One out of my two Nanits stopped working as well. It was working fine till midnight last night. Detaching the camera and plug back in will turn the camera on for about 3 seconds, then it just shuts down unresponsive. Please help

• Melanie
    Melanie Nanit Team
    edited August 16

If your Nanit is not turning on, we first recommend performing a hard reset to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issue. I've included the instructions below:

Please remove the Nanit from the stand for about 5 minutes.

1. While doing this, unplug the Nanit from the wall and uninstall/reinstall the app on your phone.
    2. While your camera is power cycling, please reboot your router (unplug it, wait a few minutes, and plug it back in).
    3. After 5 minutes, go ahead and plug your Nanit back into the wall, reattach the Nanit back on the stand, and let it boot back up. It’s back on when the night light flashes twice.
    4. After it is completely booted back up, then reset the Nanit. Keep the Nanit camera head connected to the stand, it needs the power to reset. Use a small blunt device like a paperclip to stick into the hole next to the Wifi button and hold it firmly then release. The first thing that will occur is the infrared lights will turn on and off, indicating the button was pushed. The second thing that will occur is the nightlight will flash twice, indicating the camera has been reset.

We also recommend plugging in the stand you are using into a different outlet or use a USB-C cable to power the camera.

If your camera is still not responding after those troubleshooting steps, please contact our CS team (866 696-2648) so we can provide 1:1 troubleshooting to resolve the issue.