Nanit not working great for 3 days now

Leanne
Leanne Member
edited July 23 in Connectivity

I’ve been having an issue for the past few days also. I’ve had to unplug the camera from the stand. I already had an issue whereby it was my internet and for that reason I changed internet providers and everything has been working great for months now. But now all of a sudden it stops working. I am not sure what’s happening. Nothing else seems to be an issue in our internet connection. And I mainly use the Nanit when we all go to bed so not alot of activity or interference for what’s connected to the wi-fi

Comments

• Christopher
    Christopher Member, Community Moderator, Nanit Support

Hi @Leanne,

I'm sorry to hear you're Nanit Camera is disconnecting from your Wi-Fi network. To troubleshoot the problem you're experiencing I'd recommend switching the Wi-Fi band you're Nanit camera is connected to. If the camera is connected to your 2.4GHz network it would be best to switch it to your 5GHz network or the other way around if your camera is already connected to the 5GHz network. I'd also recommend lowering the bandwidth of the camera as well.

To make these adjustments please follow the steps below.

Adjusting Wi-Fi Band

• Open the Nanit App and select the three bars in the upper left hand corner.
    • Select the camera's settings and scroll down to Network
    • In the Network Settings change the Wi-Fi Band from "Auto" to "2.4GHz only"

Bandwidth

• Use the same steps from above to get to the Network settings.
    • Then change the Bandwidth setting at the top of the page in the Network Settings from "Medium" to "Low"

Let us know if these steps help address this issue.

• abarrera
    abarrera Member

Fun fact… we can’t follow these directions while not connected…

I too have been having issues the last 3 days. There are several people who have reported this issue.

• nicholav
    nicholav Member
    edited July 26

@Christopher I am having same issue, and cannot update network settings while not connected. The only thing that works is turning it off and on again at the mains which of course makes the light flash and turn the white noise off, and then wakes up the baby!