Sound no longer playing

2»

Comments

• Geev
    Geev Member

What worked for me is to go to the live screen, enlarge it to full screen and then tap picture so the options show. Then, you need to tap the speaker icon until there are sound waves pictured on BOTH sides of the speaker. You may need to tap it 2 or 3 times to cycle through.

• Currently unable to hear any sound after a full month of no issues.

• NanitMackenzie
    NanitMackenzie Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hi @Sevans - I'm so sorry that your Nanit's sounds have stopped working! Can you confirm whether it's all audio coming out of your phone, or just background audio when you have the app running in the background? Additionally, is this happening on all devices, or just yours?

In the meantime - if you haven't already, you can try the following steps which will often resolve issues with the app and camera:

• Perform a basic power cycle of your Nanit - remove the Nanit from the stand and unplug from the wall for about 5 minutes, and then re-attach the Nanit back on the stand and let it boot back up
    • While it is power cycling, please also uninstall/reinstall the app on your phone

Once your Nanit and app are up and running again, please navigate to your camera "sound" settings that "nursery audio" is turned on. If not, please turn that on and test the Nanit to see if sound comes back.

Let me know how those steps go - thanks!

• I tried the troubleshooting steps above but my nanit is still producing no sound. I’ve been using it less than a week. If you could please escalate this I would appreciate it. I invested in this product to ensure my babies safety.

• NanitJessica
    NanitJessica Community Moderator, Nanit Team

Hey @HopingThisWorks,

Thanks for trying out the troubleshooting steps listed above by NanitMackenzie. I've created a ticket for you so the support team can further assist you. They will reach out to you once they review your ticket!

• We're having same issues with no sound. Happened very out of the blue in the middle of the night. We've recycled power and unplugged multiple times to no success. Everything else works perfectly fine, video, notifications etc just zero audio. Please advise. Thank you

• NanitJessica

Hi @JacksNanit,

Thanks for posting on the community and letting us know what troubleshooting steps you have tried out so far. Have you tried reinstalling the Nanit app on your phone device while power cycling your Nanit camera to see if that might help?

• jvmorrow1
    jvmorrow1 Unconfirmed, Member

I can no longer hear any sound when the Nanit app is in the background. I have done everything that has been instructed to resolve the issue with no resolution.

• NanitJessica

Hi @jvmorrow1,

Thanks for letting us know the issue that you're currently having. Have you made sure that you don't have your phone on silent mode and the volume is not all the way down? Have you tried logging out and re-logging back into the Nanit app?

• Kmt2108
    Kmt2108 Member

This is my second nanit, as my first one was replaced for this issue and a prong coming off in the camera. For the first month it was fine but this is the second time this week that the sounds hasn’t worked. I have to reset the nanit in order to get it working, but when I do that it wakes my daughter up. How can this be prevented in the future, as it’s happened with 2 different nanit cameras?