9month old feeding to sleep

Hi there our baby is 9mths old and is feeding to sleep most nights but she is then either sleeping through or waking once! Is this an issue? I’m worried I’m causing a problem for the future but equally grateful for the sleep.

We have a bed time routine bath feed book sleep sack feed.. but she will never drink much at the first feed and holds out for a big feed until the lights are off which then leads her to feed to sleep. If I feed with lights on she gets distracted or drinks a little and then cries hysterically once in the crib.

Comments

• Natalie_Barnett_PhD
    Natalie_Barnett_PhD Member, Nanit Team, Expert

@MummyM This is totally fine! Lots of babies fall asleep at the breast or bottle and then sleep through the night (or close to it!). HOWEVER, if that changes and they start waking multiple times a night to feed, the beginning of the night is the first thing I wold change and have them start to fall asleep by themselves in the crib/cot. For now, ENJOY! I've worked with many babies over the years who have always fallen asleep at the breast or bottle without an issue! Its only an issue if they need that breast/bottle to get back to sleep multiple times a night and cant get back to sleep any other way. That is not your issue! Your baby is waking multiple times a night and getting themselves back to sleep without you, which is great!